Without early and optimal intervention, the prognosis of a patient with Diabetes can rapidly spiral downwards. It has been found that 85% of amputations could be avoided when an effective care plan is adopted.
This is where FootPro Podiatry can help you.
At FootPro Podiatry we offer effective and appropriate assessments and management programmes tailored to you and your condition. The aim of this assessment is to avoid or delay serious complications of your condition and closely track every 6 -12 months any changes to your body.
Our six monthly or annual assessments include:
- Neurological Testing – 10g monofilament, sharp blunt, tuning fork
- Superficial vascular checks and peripheral blood supply review
- Doppler evaluation (arterial and venal blood flow)
- Abbreviated MSK biomechanical assessment to discuss high risk sites on your feet e.g. where ulcers could likely develop
After the assessment at FootPro Podiatry we provide:
- Treatment of any wounds or ulcers where possible
- Thorough treatment and management programmes to keep your feet safe
- Self care advice
- Offload insoles to protect “at risk sites” for your feet
- Risk status – Low, Medium or High
- A GP letter to inform them of your results (if your consent is obtained)
Our main focus is to educate, manage and help to prevent the development in Diabetic patients.