The term ‘FootPro Podiatry’ or ‘FootPro Podiatrist’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website currently offering services at Suite 2 The Old Stables, Station Road, Arlesey, Bedfordshire, SG15 6RG. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
1. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
2. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law
3. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
4. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
5. All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
6. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
7. From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
8. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by us and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of FootPro Podiatry. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Treatment Terms and Conditions
By entering our clinic, you are consenting to treatment within a confidential environment. Once a medical history form is filled out, treatment will be provided to the best of the Podiatrists abilities. Patients must always be aware due to nature of different foot conditions your foot issues, leg or back pain may not be resolved in one treatment/session. For some patients treatments may need continual and regular care over a period gap of weeks or months. In cases where verrucae are involved, the Podiatrist will explain the process but no guarantee can be made on the length of treatment due to the nature of the verrucae virus. Patients must be aware that they also take an active role in the treatment process, by carrying out advised therapies and taking on board self care advice. If the patient fails to carry out the advice given, issues may not resolve, or improve and patients must be aware of this.
In the unfortunate event you feel there is a need for a complaint, a verbal discussion should be undertaken with the Podiatrist involved. If the Podiatrist feels there are grounds for a review and further treatment is needed to manage the issue, a free no charge appointment will be issued. All efforts should be made to deal with any issues post treatment by the Podiatrist who has provided the care. If this is not satisfactory to you, a written complaint should be sent via email to email@example.com or write to FootPro Podiatry, Suite 2, The Old Stables, Station Road, Arlesey, Bedfordshire, SG15 6RG. A response will be given within 30 days of receipt of the written complaint. A refund will only be given if after a review of the case by the Podiatrist who provided the treatment and the owner at FootPro Podiatry they agree that the treatment was not satisfactory. If still unhappy with the response, the complaint should then be taken to the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists.
Cancellation and Failed visit policy
This policy is also outlined on the Medical History form filled out by the patient before the first appointment. The failed visit policy is that every patient is allowed to miss or cancel one appointment on the day of the appointment, with a no charge fee waiver applied to the patients account. Any cancellations must be made 24 hours prior to the appointment time. After this, any appointments missed, or cancelled without 24 hours notice, will have to pay for their appointment in full. Patients must be aware that costs of the appointment include not just the actual treatment, but the time and knowledge of the Podiatrist along with general running costs including electricity, heating and equipment costs etc. If you would like to dispute your charges please refer to above complaints policy. Of course in the event of emergencies and sudden illness, the Podiatrist may feel it necessary to apply an extra fee waiver to the patients account.