During your assessment we ask you to bring the shoes you use regularly and wear shorts or loose trousers. We analyse your footwear to review the wear patterns and discuss any fitting issues. We will review complete body function and evaluate effects of conditions such as Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoporosis. Due to out expertese in foot and leg function, we will assess, diagnose and treat any MSK problems you present with.
During the hour long appointment we will:
- Take a full medical history
- Get you lying down, sitting up and standing
- Look at how your muscles and joints are working
- Look at your leg length difference
- We will undertake a gait analysis (walking review on a treadmill)
- Discuss important features of your body and educate you on how your body works
- Refer for further appropriate imaging if necessary e.g. X-ray, MRI, Ultrasound
- Create a tailored treatment programme for you.
At FootPro Podiatry we offer multiple different treatment options. These include off the peg, semi bespoke or custom made Orthotics (see Orthotics page). We offer Strapping and Taping provision, Stretching and Strength training programmes, Core strengthening exercises, running technique advice, Trigger point massage and manipulation therapy. We will ensure you leave educated and understand the treatment programme we create for you. Your results can be forwarded to your GP is you wish.